60 Activities and Games for Pairwork
60 Activities and Games for Pairwork is a photocopiable resource book of stimulating and entertaining language activities, which teachers can use to supplement a coursebook at pre-intermediate level (B1 Threshold) or to help prepare for the Cambridge ESOL PET and Trinity grades 5 and 6.
– short, flexible activities: most activities take about 20 minutes, and they can easily fit into any phase of an English lesson
– interactive activities: the emphasis is on spoken interaction, both controlled and free
– student-centred: as most activities are self-checking, students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning
– varied activity techniques include: information-exchange, gap-filling, guessing, matching, sorting and reordering, etc.
– aspects of language covered include: verb tenses, verb patterns, question formation, phrasal verbs, comparison, lexis, collocation, spelling, pronunciation and stress
– comprehensive, easy-to-use index: activities are grouped alphabetically according to target language points and topics, and also classified under language areas (grammar, punctuation and spelling, vocabulary, reading and oral interaction)